Google Drive Masterclass
R5000 excluding VAT for a maximum of 20 people
R400 per person with a minimum of 6 people
Google Drive is the cornerstone of sharing, creating and organising files in the Google environment. In this session we get practical by sharing folders and documents with you. We unpack what it means to collaborate and help you to master your Google Drive structure. We will show you how to colour code your folders, share and unshare and get a good grasp of what cloud storage means with Google Drive. We also explore advanced features of sharing and some need to know settings that you can utilise. If you want to master Google Drive, this session is for you!
2 hour session
In this session we cover the following
• Google Drive structure and layout
• Creating, organising, sharing and moving files and folders
• Managing sharing permissions
• Uploading, downloading and managing versions in Google Drive
• Removing access to files and what happens when you delete something
• Understanding what happens when things are shared with you
• Collaboration features such as commenting and actioning tasks
• How to see file and folder activity
• Please note that this session touches on Shared Drives briefly but does not go into advanced settings
After the session, we give you resources!
Following the session you will get access to a presentation with a series of screenshots of what was covered in the session.
These notes will be a great visual reminder as to what you covered and any top tips that may have been shared in the session!
In these course notes we have included links you will find helpful and other additional reference material which we find useful.
No only will you receive these notes but you will also get 3 months access to our new product, a series of videos we created to help you master these tools.
After the session, you will get access to the Google Drive series. These videos will help you to recap what was covered in the session, play and pause at your own time and reinforce your learning!
Google Drive video topics
• 01 Navigating Google Drive 5 min 07 sec
• 02 Working with files and folders 5 min 57 sec
• 03 Uploading, downloading and managing versions 5 min 13 sec
• 04 Sharing from Google Drive 8 min 29 sec
• 05 Understanding where shared things go 2 min 40 sec
• 06 Using Google Drive offline 4 min 35 sec
• 07 Google Drive Settings 3 min 11 sec
• 08 Searching in Google Drive 2 min 41 sec
• 09 Google Drive File Stream 3 min 26 sec
• 10 Priority in Google Drive 1 min 25 sec
• 11 Google Drive on your mobile device 3 min 37 sec
• 12 Setting up your Shared Drives 5 min 02 sec
Get a certificate!
At the end of the session, you will get a certificate to prove that you attended the course and are now a master in these tools. We look forward to joining you online!
Due to the nature of our sessions, we recommend that you join the session with two screens or from two devices. That way, you can see your trainer as well as work in your Drive at the same time. Alternatively, you could always split your screen. Watch this video by our EduOn department to learn how to do just that if this is how you will be joining.